Array indexing vs. pointers...

Steve Summit scs at athena.mit.edu
Fri Oct 7 16:30:52 AEST 1988

In article <1703 at dataio.Data-IO.COM> bright at dataio.Data-IO.COM (Walter Bright) writes:
>	The result may differ in the last bit of the significand because
>	of this. However, in most cases, that is irrelevant and the
>	multiply will be significantly faster.

...demonstrating, once again, that it's always more important to
get the answer fast than get it right :-(.

                                            Steve Summit
                                            scs at adam.pika.mit.edu

(Sorry, Walter, this isn't quite fair, and I understand that
being off in the last bit isn't necessarily "wrong," but as long
as the church of efficiency is standing around on soapboxes I'm
going to stand on mine.)