Allen Holub on DDJ & C-Chest

Don Libes libes at cme-durer.ARPA
Sat Sep 10 09:08:55 AEST 1988

In article <22873 at amdcad.AMD.COM> indra at amdcad.AMD.COM (Indra Singhal) writes:
>I did not think Mr Holub got a fair shake from DDJ so I offered to post
> his final column for him.
>              What follows are his own words, unedited.

C'mon.  This is not fair to give Holub a platform without giving DDJ a
chance.

I was quite curious, myself, about this and a friend of mine called
both Holub and the editor of DDJ.  Needless to say DDJ told a
completely opposite story than Allen.  I'm not going to repeat it.
Don't even mail me.  My point is, there are two sides to every story.
Frankly, at this point I don't believe everything that either DDJ and
Holub say.

Anyone who read Holub's last column will realize that DDJ would never
print such a thing.  Similarly, DDJ will never print their version of
the story, because it would probably sound just as filled with enmity
and twisted truths.

I have no comment on the direction of DDJ.  I have never subscribed to
it.  I've no connections with anyone at DDJ or Holub.

Don Libes          cme-durer.arpa      ...!uunet!cme-durer!libes