defining a comment?

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Tue Sep 20 00:50:11 AEST 1988

In article <3999 at bsu-cs.UUCP>, dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
> It is agreed that a Real ANSI-conforming C compiler might not supply a
> separate preprocessor pass, but who cares?  Such a C compiler would be
> an instant commercial failure.

Bzzzt!

There are quite a few compilers with built-in preprocessors that are not
commercial failures. I don't like this any better than you but like split
I&D and income tax it's nothing that we can do anything about. I'm just
glad that the compiler I use at home still has a seperate assembler pass.
--
Peter da Silva  `-_-'  Ferranti International Controls Corporation.
"Have you hugged  U  your wolf today?"            peter at ficc.uu.net