defining a comment?

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Mon Sep 19 12:07:15 AEST 1988

In article <5438 at techunix.BITNET>, benny at techunix.BITNET (Benny Pinkas) writes:

> Can I use the Preprocessor to define a comment? I mean something like:

I'm surprised nobody posted this.  Benny didn't ask about
a portable solution :-), so try this:

# define	STARTCOM	//**/*
# define	ENDCOM		*/**//

This is specifically disallowed by the dpANS, it is not available
everywhere, and it is definitely not something to use for any reason
other than curiosity.  This is intended as a curiosity only.

     Steve
--
Steve Friedl    V-Systems, Inc.  +1 714 545 6442    3B2-kind-of-guy
friedl at vsi.com     {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl