defining a comment?

Paul Blumstein paulb at ttidca.TTI.COM
Thu Sep 15 02:02:38 AEST 1988

In article <5438 at techunix.BITNET> benny%techunix.bitnet at jade.berkeley.edu (Benny Pinkas) writes:
+Can I use the Preprocessor to define a comment?
+I mean something like:
+#define COM /*this is a comment*/
+or even
+#define STARTCOM /*
+
+Usually the text after the /* is considered as a comment and is not part
+of the macro definition.
+I searched a dozen of C books, and didn't find something of help.

Perhaps, If you told us what you want to do exactly, we can be of more
help.  Why define a comment, when it is already defined?

If you wanted a whole block commented out, one technique is:

#ifdef COMMENT
#endif

or

#if 0
#endif
Paul Blumstein             | "Life is what is happening while you are
Citicorp/TTI               |  busy making other plans" -- John Lennon
{philabs,csun,psivax}!ttidca!paulb  or  paulb at ttidca.TTI.COM
If caught, the Secretary of Citicorp will disavow all knowlege of my actions.