HP/Rumors

Steve Fullerton scf at statware.UUCP
Wed Sep 7 00:29:08 AEST 1988

In article <580 at white.gcm> dc at white.UUCP (Dave Caswell) writes:
>In article <2305 at mhres.mh.nl> jv at mhres.mh.nl (Johan Vromans) writes:
>
>.I have used an Hewlett-Packard HP9000 model 500, which has a very
>.contain a zero). Emacs cannot run on it.
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Nonsense, many people use Emacs on HP9000/500.

I believe he is probably referring to GNU Emacs which definitely does
not run on the HP9000/500.  There are even references to this fact in
the installation/porting documentation.

About a 15 months ago I ordered Emacs from Unipress software as they said
an HP9000/500 version was available.  `Available' meant that they sent out
a source tape with some comments for the HP9000/500.  I spent several days
to get to a running version but it was so buggy that everything was boxed
up and returned within the week.  Maybe they have it working now...

--
Steve Fullerton                        Statware, Inc.
scf%statware.uucp at cs.orst.edu          260 SW Madison Ave, Suite 109