Machines for testing portability (was Re: "Numerical Recipes in C" is nonportable code)

Roger B.A. Klorese rogerk at mips.COM
Sat Sep 3 00:29:40 AEST 1988

In article <2305 at mhres.mh.nl> jv at mhres.mh.nl (Johan Vromans) writes:
>From article <673 at proxftl.UUCP>, by bill at proxftl.UUCP (T. William Wells):
>> Anybody else have suggestions on sets of systems for checking
>> portability?
>There exists a Pr1me system which always has the high bit
>of each byte set, so ASCII runs from 128 to 255.

Yes, *all* of 'em.

(At least, all of the "50 Series" proprietary processors.)
--
Roger B.A. Klorese                           MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.
{ames,decwrl,prls,pyramid}!mips!rogerk  25 Burlington Mall Rd, Suite 300