"Numerical Recipes in C" is nonportable code

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.uucp
Fri Sep 16 04:50:23 AEST 1988

According to peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva):
>But nobody says you have to load the selector into a selector register
>just to compute an address.

More to the point:  The dpANS says you (the implementor) are _allowed_ to
load the selector into a selector register when computing the address.  To
do otherwise could slow down register-intensive pointer manipulation.

--
Chip Salzenberg                <chip at ateng.uu.net> or <uunet!ateng!chip>
A T Engineering                My employer may or may not agree with me.