Numerical Recipes in C for Macintosh

John Sahr johns at calvin.EE.CORNELL.EDU
Sat Sep 3 02:26:21 AEST 1988

I failed to include the text of an article stating (I paraphrase):

A special edition of Numerical Recipes (in Language X) is needed for
the Macintosh, because there is no way to get argc and argv in main.

There are two things wrong with this. First, Everything in NR (I think)
is a subroutine call, so the main() command line isn't really an issue.

Also, it is simple enough to write a patch which simply queries the
user for the command line upon invocation.  Lightspeed C even provides
the code, although it is really quite simple.

These opinions are, of course, my own.

--
John Sahr,                          School of Elect. Eng.,  Upson Hall
                                    Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853

ARPA: johns at calvin.ee.cornell.edu; UUCP: {rochester,cmcl2}!cornell!calvin!johns