Allen Holub on DDJ & C-Chest

Eric Green elg at killer.DALLAS.TX.US
Mon Sep 12 07:01:17 AEST 1988

in article <636 at muffin.cme-durer.ARPA>, libes at cme-durer.ARPA (Don Libes) says:
> Anyone who read Holub's last column will realize that DDJ would never
> print such a thing.  Similarly, DDJ will never print their version of
> the story, because it would probably sound just as filled with enmity
> and twisted truths.

This is the same DDJ that printed the GNU Manifesto? Sounds like the
publishers of the magazine have gone gutless since then........~r I
bet if Stallman had made his break 4 years later (now), DDJ would
laugh at him and say "Publish THAT? And insult our advertisers?!
You're kidding!"

Once I considered subscribing to DDJ. Way back when, before PC-mania.
But when they turned into an IBM PC programming tools review
magazine... well, I won't allow a PC-clone within these walls, so what
use would DDJ be to me? Techniques I can always use, no matter what
computer I own. Reviews of 16 IBM-PC "C" compilers and 32 IBM-PC
programmer's editors, as the entire content of the magazine, though...
bah.

--
Eric Lee Green    ..!{ames,decwrl,mit-eddie,osu-cis}!killer!elg
          Snail Mail P.O. Box 92191 Lafayette, LA 70509