itoa/ltoa/ultoa not standard

Paul S. R. Chisholm psrc at poseidon.UUCP
Thu Sep 1 02:47:10 AEST 1988

<"I bought stocks like they were going out of style.  And they did.">

In article <477 at poseidon.UUCP>, psrc at poseidon.UUCP (Paul S. R. Chisholm) writes
how the convert-to-base-three problem could be solved by using the
ultoa function.  I thought this (and itoa and ltoa) were part of the
ANSI C standard.  They're not there, or in the System V Interface
Definition (that is, they're not part of libc in the UNIX(R) operating
system).  They are available in Microsoft and Turbo C, which is where
I know them from.  Sorry for the confusion.  (I know, I need to keep
copies of the draft standard and the review draft of Mark Horton's
book on portable C programming at the office *and* at home.)

UNIX(R) is a registered trademark of AT&T.