Allen Holub on DDJ & C-Chest

Mitch Mlinar mlinar at eve.usc.edu
Sun Sep 11 05:35:51 AEST 1988

In article <636 at muffin.cme-durer.ARPA> libes at cme-durer.arpa (Don Libes) writes:
>I was quite curious, myself, about this and a friend of mine called
>both Holub and the editor of DDJ.  Needless to say DDJ told a
>completely opposite story than Allen.  I'm not going to repeat it.
>Don't even mail me.  My point is, there are two sides to every story.
>Frankly, at this point I don't believe everything that either DDJ and
>Holub say.

I agree. But ...

>Anyone who read Holub's last column will realize that DDJ would never
>print such a thing.  Similarly, DDJ will never print their version of
>the story, because it would probably sound just as filled with enmity
>and twisted truths.

Again, I agree that no magazine would print an article like that or a
rebuttal to it, either.  Their objective is to do this as low key as
possible, so as not to offend any readers and keep discussion to a minimum.

With this posting, you are actually adding FUEL to this now PUBLIC situtation
by saying "I know the OTHER side of the story.  But I am not going to tell
you, so there."

The *logical* thing for you to do would have been to either: (1) post a
summary of the DDJ response or (2) never have posted to begin with.

Yes, I feel *so* much better now that I know there are two sides to every
story.  That will certainly be a shock to us dumb net users; combine that
with the *actual* rebuttal would certainly give us all coronaries....

-Mitch