"Numerical Recipes in C" is nonportable code

Sho Kuwamoto sho at pur-phy
Sun Sep 11 17:01:00 AEST 1988

I *want* to be able to create an array and jump to it.  I do this all
the time.  Granted, I do this on a micro (a Mac) so first of all, it's
just more feasable, and second of all, there's no sophisticated memory
management (or for that matter, not nearly as much need to worry about
crashing the system) but still, I think it's a bit severe to say that
such a thing should never be done.  Maybe it would be OK if the
compiler gave you the option of explicitly coercing some piece of data
into becoming code.

						-Sho