How do you write portable programs?

T. William Wells bill at proxftl.UUCP
Wed Sep 14 04:07:35 AEST 1988

In article <13467 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
: In article <2515 at ingr.UUCP> jones at ingr.UUCP (Mark Jones) writes:
: >Instead of using NULL, use ZERO, and don't worry about casting it.

Having seen NULL abused so often, I have decided on a new
slogan: "NULL, just say NO!"

On an assignment, always use 0.  In a function call, always cast
a 0 to the appropriate type.

Hey Chris, do you think we should combine our missives (mine is
<402 at proxftl.UUCP>) into an article for news.announce.newusers?
We might get it into the "most frequently asked questions"
section under the title "NULL considered harmful!"

:-) I think.

---
Bill
novavax!proxftl!bill