UNIX-like crypt function

Martin Jourdan jourdan at seti.inria.fr
Tue Aug 29 01:28:40 AEST 1989

In article <183 at titania.warwick.ac.uk> cudcv at warwick.ac.uk (Rob McMahon) writes:
> In article <605 at targon.UUCP> ruud at targon.UUCP (Ruud Harmsen) writes:
> >crypt(3) is available on all UNIXes (though not as source), crypt(1) is not.
>
> Nope.  SunOS 2.0 doesn't have crypt(3) either.  Rob

But our SunOS 3.4 does have it, even in France; however it does not
have the crypt(1) program nor the manual page for crypt(3).  (BTW: I
would be interested in it; can someone mail me the nroff source?  Many
thanks in advance.)  Look in /lib/libc.a; maybe all what you lack is
the man page also...
--

Martin Jourdan <jourdan at minos.inria.fr>, INRIA, Rocquencourt, France.
My employers have no opinion and they guarantee my freedom of expression.