C preprocessor for humans

Guido van Rossum guido at piring.cwi.nl
Mon Aug 28 23:46:27 AEST 1989

amull at Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:

>Can anyone recommend a filter through which I can run a source
>program devised by a brilliant hieroglyphist with an over-active
>macro imagination, utter disregard for indentation, and a penchant
>for constructions of questionable portability?

I once saved a program called 'scpp' posted to the net, for selective
CPP.  It does quite a good job of expanding macros you'd like to get rid
of; much better than cc -E.  Indent would help with the rest of your
problems.

	--Guido

--
Guido van Rossum, Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI), Amsterdam
guido at cwi.nl or mcvax!guido or guido%cwi.nl at uunet.uu.net
"You're so *digital*, girl!" -- Neneh Cherry