want to know

Dieter Muller dworkin at Solbourne.COM
Sun Aug 20 01:42:04 AEST 1989

In <a whole bunch of articles> a bunch of folks have complained about not
being able to specify a start-up function other than main () on Unix.

Umm, folks?  Stupid question time.  What's wrong with ld's ``-e entry''
argument?  This (or a variant thereof) has been in every version of
Berkeley Unix I've seen, and I'm pretty sure it was in Version 6 (my
manual is a few miles away at the moment).

``-e entry'' specifies the entry-point of the program as _entry_.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled C vs FORTRAN flame war.

	Dworkin
--
"Your spatial laws are ok, but God, the choices you give us." -- Deborah Blau
boulder!stan!dworkin  dworkin%stan at boulder.colorado.edu  dworkin at solbourne.com