Lightspeed "C" 3.02 Neophyte Question / prob.

Rich Siegel siegel at endor.harvard.edu
Sat Aug 5 11:55:07 AEST 1989

In article <26616 at amdcad.AMD.COM> ching at pepsi.AMD.COM (Mike Ching) writes:
>In article <70 at steven.COM> paul at steven.COM (paul) writes:
>=> quick!  The console window opens, displays "Hello world!" and 'slams' shut
>=> VERY, VERY quickly.  Any suggestions?  I've run this program on other Macs

>in your project. (It's 'unix main.c' with no underscore.) Programs will
>then prompt for command line arguments and open a final dialog prompting
>for a Return or click before exitting.

	If you upgraded the compiler from 3.0 or 3.01 to 3.02, but you
DIDN'T upgrade the libraries, you'll have this problem; bringing the
libraries up to date should fix it. (The problem isn't related to the
presence or absence of unix main.c; any program that uses the console
should get a "Press return or close this window" message at termination.)

R.

 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel at endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

"When it comes to my health, I think of my body as a temple - or at least
a moderately well-managed Presbyterian youth center." - Emo Phillips