Wanted: advice on a good C textbook

David Rees reesd at gtephx.UUCP
Fri Aug 4 02:54:10 AEST 1989

In article <10578 at socslgw.csl.sony.JUNET>, diamond at diamond.csl.sony.junet (Norman Diamond) writes:
> >>>> What I need is a good intro book to C
> >>>> programming...

I highly recommend _Programming in C_ by C. Kochan (Hayden Book Company).
It was the second C book I read after K&R and it explained a lot of things
for me. I have also recommended the book to others who, after reading
it, agreed that it was an excellent introduction. In fact...just a sec...
the C Language Reference for our system (Apollo) also recommends the
book.

                        -David

BTW, I believe that there is a second edition out now...

------
"So what your saying is there are only women here..
	 a unlimited supply of Bud Light....
	    and we can never leave?"

"That is correct."

"We can live with that.."