Right-to-left (was: Re: entry a

jpd00964 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu jpd00964 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 31 09:04:45 AEST 1989

/* Written  1:21 pm  Aug 27, 1989 by tgoodman at bbn.com in uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.lang.c */
/* ---------- "Re: Right-to-left (was: Re: entry a" ---------- */
In article <1989Aug26.221107.25606 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>>In article <230 at ssp1.idca.tds.philips.nl> dolf at idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Dolf Grunbauer) writes:
>>>[ How one expression can be written in APL to compute the first N primes. ]
>>Yes, and a month afterward, even its author can't understand it without
>>half an hour of study.
>
>That's funny because I've heard a COBOL programmer say the same thing about
>C.  All those weird operators you know.  :-)

And they are right.  That's why everyone comments there code. Don't You?

I also flowchart (stop snikering), don't you?

Seriously, All of the people under me are told to comment there code.  I
tell them at least once a week if not more.  So far, I've gotten about 15
lines of code commented.  Most of the comments are worthless.  Any lingo is
hard to follow if there are no comments.

Michael Rutman
Softmed

disclaimer:
I am high enough up that I don't need one.  Anyone got a grudge, bitch to me!