Davidsen's device

Larry Jones scjones at sdrc.UUCP
Tue Aug 8 08:59:03 AEST 1989

In article <888 at tub.UUCP>, net at tub.UUCP (Oliver Laumann) writes:
> In article <1430 at crdgw1.crd.ge.com> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
> > 	(*(asect < 1.0 ? hacs2 : hacs1)(asect);
>
> You can even omit the * since it's superfluous.
>
> Or is it?  Our K&R (the old edition) doesn't seem to say anything about
> this, but "gnucc -pedantic -ansi" doesn't complain about the following
> program (a good heuristic for checking whether it's valid C):

dpANS C allows the star to be omitted, K&R C requires it.
----
Larry Jones                         UUCP: uunet!sdrc!scjones
SDRC                                      scjones at SDRC.UU.NET
Milford, OH  45150-2789             AT&T: (513) 576-2070
"You can't get a body like mine in a bottle --
unless you push REAL HARD." - Judy Tenuta / Dr. Pepper