entry at other than main (was want to know)

Ari Halberstadt ari at eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Mon Aug 21 10:36:11 AEST 1989

In article <19164 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>In many articles many people write this, that, and the other argument
>for or against `main()' as the program entry point.
[lots of very good arguments]

Ok, there's actually a very simple way to do this. Just have an option
to the linker telling it what the entry point is. This is done on the
Macintosh with MPW. So, if you just can't live with a 'main' name,
then go get a strange name :-). Personally I like main: when I come across
a program with oh-so-many files, all I have to do is 'grep main' and
I'm off to C the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz.

-- Ari Halberstadt '91, "Long live succinct signatures"
E-mail: ari at eleazar.dartmouth.edu	Tel: (603) 640-5687
Disclaimer: "Live Free or Die"