comma operator

Steve Lamont spl at mcnc.org
Sun Aug 6 00:46:28 AEST 1989

In article <5418 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>Herewith the only use for the comma operator outside a macro that I can
>think of:
>
>	for(init1, init2; test; incr1, incr2)...

Can anyone tell me whether order of evaluation is guaranteed in this context?
I seem to remember either of running afoul of some order of evaluation bogon or reading somewhere that order of evaluation was not guaranteed... or maybe I'm
thinking of function calls (???).

Email replies will suffice unless someone has something earth-shattering to
add.

--
							spl
Steve Lamont, sciViGuy			EMail:	spl at ncsc.org
North Carolina Supercomputing Center	Phone: (919) 248-1120
Box 12732/RTP, NC 27709