Apology (was Re: C question [RTFM])

Chris Cleeland cleeland at rex.cs.tulane.edu
Tue Aug 8 00:45:22 AEST 1989

I must extend an apology to Charles Guest in referring to his postings
as being "humorous" and "sarcastic jokes".  While I'm sure many of you
have read his posting concerning what happened, I will say that,
unfortunately, I did not have that privilege before posting my
article.  The postings immediately lost their humor to me when I found
out that his signature had been forged on them.

I hope this will dispel any misconceptions about my part in what has
happened.  It is truly sad that people on the net must divert their
respective energies from the dissemination of ideas and information
to policing the net trying to find perpetrators of electronic forgery.
Likewise, it is sad that someone had enough time to actually perform
such a forgery.

My sincerest apologies.
--
Thanks
Chris Cleeland, Tulane University
ADDRESS:  cleeland at rex.tulane.cs.edu
Disclaimer:  "I'm a student -- I can't afford to buy one!"