comma operator

Craig Bruce craigb at hpqtdla.HP.COM
Fri Aug 4 22:51:14 AEST 1989

  According to my text (Darnell & Margolis's Software Eng. in 'C', p137) :

	"The comma operator is one of the few operators for which the order of
	evaluation is specified. The compiler must evaluate the left-hand
	operator first."

  As this book covers both ANSI standard and K&R and comments on differences
between the two, and since this comment is stated as fact I think it is safe
to take it as pretty close to gospel.

			Craig