Fortran to C translation

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Fri Aug 11 03:09:03 AEST 1989

>It would be nice if UCB could release struct to the public domain so
>it could be used as the start of a "real" Fortran to C translator.
>Anyone from UCB listening in have any comments?

"struct" was written by Brenda Baker at Bell Labs, and is AT&T licensed
code.  It doesn't appear in S5, but a number of things originally
released with AT&T V7 UNIX don't appear in S5.  They can't release it to
the public domain, except by rewriting it, and I suspect that's not
exactly at the top of their priority list (Baker did publish a paper, as
I remember, on the algorithms she used, so that might be a start).