C wildcard routines

Guido van Rossum guido at piring.cwi.nl
Fri Aug 18 00:23:42 AEST 1989

In case you're looking for things that match the (Bourne) shell's
pattern matching rather than more elaborate ed/vi/grep style regular
expression matching (Henry Spence actually approximates egrep regular
expressions), I wrote such code years ago which I am still willing to
give away for free, no strings attached.  I recently fixed it to
support the System V-ism of [!...] to match any character not in the
set.
--
Guido van Rossum, Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI), Amsterdam
guido at cwi.nl or mcvax!guido or guido%cwi.nl at uunet.uu.net
"Repo man has all night, every night."