dial() function

Gerald Hawkins jerry at starfish.Convergent.COM
Wed Aug 2 01:57:46 AEST 1989

I'm having trouble understanding the usage of the dial() function.
This is with a Un*x system.  The
function seems pretty straightforward ... but any call to it with a valid
tty device returns error -6, line problem, open() failure.

A code fragment showing usage of this function would be sufficient to get
me going, I think.

Post your reply or mail it to:

"	I don't want to imply I'm underpaid, but ...
	Last time I took my paycheck to the bank to be cashed, the teller
	asked me, 'How would you like that, sir, Heads, or Tails?'	"

Jerry		( jerry at starfish.Convergent.COM )
-----