want to know

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Sat Aug 26 03:45:21 AEST 1989

In article <THOMAS.89Aug25111034 at uplog.uplog.se>, thomas at uplog.se (Thomas Hameenaho) writes:
> This is actually a feature. You can do whatever you like in the startup
> code. One example I'm familiar with is for cross-compiling and downloading
> into a standalone system. The startup code initializes the hardware and
> things.

I know a guy who avoided having to write an assembler for a pcode language
by defining the appropriate macros in m4 for as, assembling, linking (to
resolve references), and using the resulting a.out. This would have been,
to say the least, unpleasant if he had to deal with startup code.
--
Peter da Silva, *NIX support guy @ Ferranti International Controls Corporation.
Biz: peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180. Fun: peter at sugar.hackercorp.com. `-_-'