search

Glenn Ford glenn at stsim.UUCP
Thu Aug 17 23:19:22 AEST 1989

I am writing a small project (not related to work, personal) that has to
do search's on a sorted database.  I search off the keyword which is string
of N length and is unique to all other keys.  For right now I do a binary
search off the database, but this tends to be slow when run off a floppy
drive (yes, it has to run on a floppy drive in SOME cases).  My question
is: Is there a faster, yet fairly easy to implement, routine that can
search my database?  Faster than binary search..  I don't want B-Tree's.  My
database is allready built.

Glenn Ford
..uunet!ocsmd!stsim!glenn