ReadKey like Function in C

John Woods john at frog.UUCP
Wed Aug 16 11:06:00 AEST 1989

For the 1,807,235,997th time...

In article <225800206 at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu>, mcdonald at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
> The language standards need some construct equivalent to what getch()
> and kbhit() do on MSDOS.
> This MUST be IN THE LANGUAGE STANDARD!!!!!! It MUST MUST MUST be there
> (do you begin to feel the flame???) to FORCE vendors to, if necessary,
> FIX THEIR OPERATING SYSTEMS SO IT WILL WORK

Right.  Call up International Business Machines, Incorporated, and tell them
that they MUST MUST MUST change their extremely successful operating systems
in order to make yourself happy.

I'm sure we'll all be able to hear the laughter.

--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA 508-626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, john at frog.UUCP, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw at eddie.mit.edu