Struct definition in MS-C

ody davidsen at sungod.crd.ge.com
Sat Aug 19 07:24:49 AEST 1989

  I don't know what version of MSC you used, but I suspect that you have
a typo you just don't see. I tried it on versions 3, 4, and 5 and it
worked perfectly on all of them.

Here's the output for the one on a machine which can send stuff to UNIX
easily, I used the -Fs output to generate a source listing.

                                                                       PAGE   1
                                                                       08-18-89
                                                                       17:07:11

  Line#  Source Line                          Microsoft C Compiler Version 4.85

      1  #include <stdio.h>
      2
      3  struct node {
      4    char name[80];
      5    int flags;
      6    struct node *next, *prev;
      7  } *head = NULL;

Global Symbols

Name                      Class   Type              Size   Offset

head. . . . . . . . . . . global   far pointer         4    0000

Code size = 0000 (0)
Data size = 0004 (4)
Bss size  = 0000 (0)

No errors detected