C vs. FORTRAN

Bryan Donaldson bryan at stiatl.UUCP
Fri Aug 4 22:22:23 AEST 1989

In article <3288 at ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu> SMITHJ at ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu writes:
>What are the reasons for using FORTRAN over C?
>/* Jeffery G. Smith, BS-RHIT (AKA Doc. Insomnia, WMHD-FM)       *

One of the best reasons I can think of is where you have 200K+ lines of Fortran
code that you don't want to convert.  Admittedly, on PC's today, there are
compiler systems where you can link C and Fortran together, But that only
allows you to put all new code in C. (Of course, it brings up the interlanguage)
problem.)

Bryan G. Donaldson

--
Bryan Donaldson                                             gatech!stiatl!bryan
Sales Technologies, Inc