Recommend a C compiler?

SMITHJ at ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu SMITHJ at ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu
Thu Aug 17 23:33:28 AEST 1989

In article <660054 at hpclwjm.HP.COM>, walter at hpclwjm.HP.COM (Walter Murray) writes:

> I know C but am a total novice in the world of PC compatibles.
> Which compiler should I buy for my home use?  I want good quality,
> a commitment to ANSI C...

My personal favorite is Microsoft QuickC which is an integrated environment
(contrary to a previous poster's claim that TurboC was the only one).
I prefer it over Borland's TurboC because I have been unable to find a way to
use external object code libraries which is very easy to do in QuickC.

> ...responsiveness in fixing bugs, and good
> documentation.  I expect to be doing a variety of applications...

Microsoft provides you with a number to call where they have technicians answer
any questions you might have.  They also provide bug free updates free of charge
and full updates for redused prices.
The documentation is very well written although not as well cross-referenced as
I's like.

> ...including graphics.
The graphics suppport is not bad and is built in.

--
Has Your Family Tried A Powder Milk?

/* Jeffery G. Smith, BS-RHIT (AKA Doc. Insomnia, WMHD-FM)       *
 *    The Ohio State University, Graduate Physics Program       *
 *        3193 Smith Lab, Columbus, OH 43210  (614) 292-5321    *
 *    smithj at ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu                          */