What I'd really like to see in an if-statement...

John Hascall hascall at atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu
Sun Aug 6 05:00:15 AEST 1989

In article <5024 at alvin.mcnc.org> spl at mcnc.org.UUCP (Steve Lamont) writes:
}Since I do a lot of programming that involves mathematical expressions of one
}sort of another I often find myself wishing for an if construct that looks
}like

}	if ( foo < bar < baz )  ...

}Is there any reason why such a construction is not practical?  If not, why has
}no language (that I am aware of or can program in) implemented such a
}construction?  Good idea or bad idea?

     It's in COBOL (along with everything else).

     To answer your other question, COBOL is a bad idea.

John Hascall
ISU COmp Center