va_list used in <stdio.h>

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sat Aug 19 04:45:12 AEST 1989

In article <13572 at bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> scs at adam.pika.mit.edu (Steve Summit) writes:
>>Warning!  Use __iob or _Iob, not _iob, in your <stdio.h>.
>
>I'm not sure what is implied here.  It seems to me that _iob is
>no more reserved that any other reserved identifier...
>... Doug's point may just have to do with the
>distinction between single and double leading underscores or
>something.)

Pretty much so.  __iob and _Iob are both in the name space that is defined
as available to the implementor and forbidden to the user.  _iob is in the
*user* name space and the implementation must not usurp it.
--
V7 /bin/mail source: 554 lines.|     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
1989 X.400 specs: 2200+ pages. | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu