comma operator

Larry Campbell campbell at redsox.bsw.com
Mon Aug 7 04:27:20 AEST 1989

In article <3287 at ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu> SMITHJ at ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu writes:
-
-Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm sure that all the documentation I've read warns
-that the *comma* operator ----does not----- guarantee evaluation in any order.
-Specifically, the Microsoft 5.0 manual mentions this.

You are mistaken, and if you're quoting Microsoft accurately, they're
mistaken too.  I quote from The Bible (edition 1, ss. 7.15, pg. 192):

	A pair of expressions separated by a comma is evaluated
	left-to-right and the value of the left expression is
	discarded.

--
Larry Campbell                          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
campbell at bsw.com                        120 Fulton Street