want to know

Thomas Hameenaho thomas at uplog.se
Fri Aug 25 19:10:34 AEST 1989

In article <1507 at l.cc.purdue.edu> cik at l.cc.purdue.edu (Herman Rubin) writes:

   In the previous operating systems I have used, the startup procedure was
   done by the loader.  This is what is missing in UNIX; the loader does not
   have the capability to produce the startup program, so that must be explicitly
   put in.

This is actually a feature. You can do whatever you like in the startup
code. One example I'm familiar with is for cross-compiling and downloading
into a standalone system. The startup code initializes the hardware and
things.
Real life:	Thomas Hameenaho		Email:	thomas at uplog.se
Snail mail:	TeleLOGIC Uppsala AB		Phone:	+46 18 189406
		Box 1218			Fax:	+46 18 132039
		S - 751 42 Uppsala, Sweden