Different pointer representations on the same machine

Wade Guthrie evil at arcturus.UUCP
Tue Feb 14 10:14:01 AEST 1989

I have seen references on the net to computers which have different
representations for different types of pointers (even some computers
which represent different types of pointers as different sizes).

Could I have some examples of machines along with the pointer types and
(if possible) sizes and representations?  Thanks.

Wade Guthrie
evil at arcturus.UUCP
Rockwell International
Anaheim, CA

(Rockwell doesn't necessarily believe / stand by what I'm saying; how could
they when *I* don't even know what I'm talking about???)