Strange cc warning

Wietse Z. Venema wietse at wzv.UUCP
Fri Feb 3 06:02:23 AEST 1989

In article <490 at marob.MASA.COM> daveh at marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond) writes:

    ../include/dsipriv.h(88) : warning 74:
    	non standard extension used - 'macro formals in strings'

    (I inserted the newline after "warning 74:" for readability)
    The macro in question is defined as follows:

    /* copy IN to OUT for LEN chars, enclosing OUT in dbl. quotes */
    #define REQUOTE(in, out, len) if ((in) && (out)) {	\
    Line 88 --------------------->	strncpy((out)+1, (in), (len));	\
    				(out)[(len)-1] = 0;	\
    				strcat((out), "\""); \
    				(in) = (out); }

My bet is that the preprocessor thinks that the (out) and (in) occur in
between the " quotes on lines 87 and 90.
--
work:	wswietse at eutrc3.uucp	| Eindhoven University of Technology
work:	wswietse at heitue5.bitnet	| Mathematics and Computing Science