DEVICE DRIVERS

craig chaiken network at hgcvax
Fri Feb 17 16:22:21 AEST 1989

In article <381 at lafcol.UUCP>, pilgrimk at lafcol.UUCP ([5m[7m[1mchaudhas[0m) writes:
> Has anyone out there come across a program which removes or
> installs device drivers?
>
> i.e. If ANSI.SYS is already loaded and I want to replace this with
> a driver of my own, the program do this for me. Or if I haven't loaded
> VDISK.SYS, the program will also take care of that problem ... etc.
>
> *Note: the program can be run at anytime, not only at boot-up time!
>  -Kenwyn

I wrote such a program.  It works for character devices only, though.
I haven't figured out why block devices don't work.  Anyway, I
submitted this program in article form to PC Magazine.  If they don't
accept it, expect to see it in comp.sys.ibm.pc in the near future.

Craig Chaiken
Hartford Graduate Center
Computing Services