life critical software

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sat Feb 4 16:40:34 AEST 1989

In article <1859 at dataio.Data-IO.COM> bright at dataio.Data-IO.COM (Walter Bright) writes:
>Also, note that the wiring problem was in the manufacturing, not the design
>and my original posting was about the design.

I'm not sure CPT Murphy would agree with you.  Was the problem that
the connectors were properly wired but plugged into the wrong jacks?
That is precisely the problem that Murphy analyzed and described a
fix for (key the connectors so they can't be inserted into the wrong
jacks).  By the way, I almost smoked a terminal recently by plugging
a "modular connector" into the wrong jack (one being used for an
entirely different purpose than the one near it).