Use of keyword ``auto'' in function prototypes

Doug Schmidt schmidt at siam.ics.uci.edu
Sun Feb 26 04:56:24 AEST 1989

Hi,

   Can someone ``in the know'' please inform me whether ANSI C *forbids*
the appearance of the keyword ``auto'' in function prototypes, i.e.:

int
foo (auto int bar);

I realize this seems like a silly thing to do, but I've actually found
a good use for it under certain pathological circumstances...

thanks,

        Doug
--
schmidt at ics.uci.edu (ARPA) |   Per me si va nella citta' dolente.
office: (714) 856-4043     |   Per me si va nell'eterno dolore.