How do I get random #s?

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Tue Feb 14 05:06:03 AEST 1989

In article <514 at larry.UUCP> jwp at larry.UUCP (Jeffrey W Percival) writes:
>Why is this true?  No one tells me that if I want a *really* good C
>compiler, I have a lot of work to do, or if I want a *really* good
>operating system, I have a lot of work to do.

That's because it's normally considered to be taken for granted.  No,
I am not kidding -- *really* good C compilers are very rare, and I'm
not sure that there has ever been a *reall* good operating system.
--
The Earth is our mother;       |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
our nine months are up.        | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu