Behaviour of setjmp/longjmp and registers

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sun Feb 5 15:04:49 AEST 1989

In article <483 at maxim.ERBE.SE> prc at maxim.ERBE.SE (Robert Claeson) writes:
>Does this really work that good? A function key (control) character
>sequence can be of arbitrary length. The up-arrow  key on my keyboard
>sends three characters, whereas a typical F-key sends 5 characters.

The character sequence should follow ANSI X3.64, meaning that it begins
with an ESC character and continues through an alpha.  That can be
parsed without any timeouts at all.

What probably is contributing to the confusion is that you bought
keyboards that have an ESC key the user can press that violates the
X3.64 standard.  Remove the key or tell your users how to recover
from it (treating a second consecutive ESC specially is one way).