use of NULL (was: Re: uustatus - realtime uustat for HDB uucp (w/findpath))

Christoph Kuenkel ckl at uwbln.UUCP
Thu Feb 2 19:40:11 AEST 1989

Can anyone please enlighten me what the discussion is about?  Why at
all should I ever use NULL anywhere?  My impression is, that a) it does
not work as one expects and b) its not needed anyway.

I simply never use it and never had problems.  Furthermore,  I think
its much more obvious to write 0,  when I mean zero,  ((char *) 0) when
I mean a zero character pointer, etc. etc.

Do I miss something?

Christoph
--
# include <std/disclaimer.h>
Christoph Kuenkel/UniWare GmbH       Kantstr. 152, 1000 Berlin 12, West Germany