conditional includes

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sat Jan 21 01:21:34 AEST 1989

In article <306 at lakesys.UUCP> chad at lakesys.UUCP (D. Chadwick Gibbons) writes:
>In article <334 at twwells.uucp> bill at twwells.UUCP (T. William Wells) writes:
>|There is also the little gotcha of identity: should foo and ./foo be
>|considered the same file? How about on a non-Unix system?
>	Actually, I would think they are considered the same file.  Yes,
>	even on non UNIX systems.

Nope.  There are systems where "./foo" is a valid filename but has
nothing to do with a file named "foo" and nothing to do with directories.

Systems that conform to IEEE Std 1003.1 (POSIX) will assign the usual
UNIX meaning to the "./" part of such a filename, and others may at
their discretion, but not all C environments are POSIX environments.