vsprintf undefined

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Wed Jul 12 14:32:30 AEST 1989

In article <3171 at puff.UUCP> kschnitz at puff.UUCP (Soccer Stud) writes:
>The problem is vsprintf is undefined using my C libraries.
>Does anyone have a simple solution?  Please post the answer because
>others have had the same problem.  Thanks in advance.

Well, you could try building the software under the System V environment
on your Gould system, since the v*printf() functions exist there.

Or, you could dig up the sources to the C library and see whether or not
you can readily implement v*printf(); most V7/BSD-derived systems use an
internal function named "_doprnt" to implement all the *printf() family,
and if you're lucky yours may be suitable for implementing v*printf().

Or, you could replace the form() function you posted with something like
the following, which is not "kosher" but nonetheless often works by
accident:

char	*
form( z, a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j )
	char		*z;
	int		a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j;
	{
	static char	result[LINELEN];

	(void)sprintf( result, z, a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j );
	return result;
	}