string comparisons in C

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sun Jul 16 08:12:35 AEST 1989

In article <1055 at acf3.NYU.EDU> sabbagh at acf3.UUCP () writes:
>... in the May or June issue
>of Dr. Dobb's Journal there is an article entitled "Adding Awk-like ext-
>ensions to C".  This gave a description and SOURCE CODE for C routines
>that would perform AWK functions...

Or you can pick up my freely-redistributable regular-expression package
from the comp.sources.unix archives.  It's a complete implementation of
egrep/awk regular expressions and is highly portable.
--
$10 million equals 18 PM       |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
(Pentagon-Minutes). -Tom Neff  | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu