problem with cc compiler

James P. Willey willey at arrakis.nevada.edu
Sun Jul 23 14:28:46 AEST 1989

      Recently, I wrote a  bubble  sort in C for a class I was taking.
Sounds easy enough, right? Wrong. The sort worked fine, but my function to
read the data in interfered with the execution of the code. I kept getting
an error in getchar(), not in my code. I checked with several other syudents
and the professor, but nobody could figure it out. I finally realized that
the function name "read" was the culprit. Are there other function names to
avoid with the cc compiler, or any others for that matter?
Thanks.
____
We're happy little worms,
We love to squish and squirm,
We catch the big ones every time,
Because we're hooked on you.
Cadillac of worms. We're the
Cadillac of worms. We're the
Cadillac of worms. We're the
Cadillac of worms.

So remember, Red Wrigglers, the Cadillac of worms.